Your plan is to create a startup, you have developed something that you believe represents you and your brand. Now, all you need to do is figure out ways to emerge yourself into your target market. For this reason, people try to implement public relations to increase their brand awareness. The good thing about startups is that they all begin with a clean slate and to generate PR they would focus on startup specific objectives like;
- Educating the public about their product/service
- Raising funds to build and develop their business
- Generating tests of products/services
- Acquiring customers
- Attracting influencers
- Figuring out the competition
One important part of PR is media outreach to pitch information about products and services to media outlets. So, this guide will hopefully provide some insight on the concept of PR for startups and how media outreach can help develop an image for your brand. The things we will look at are:
- What is media outreach and PR and why your startup needs it?
- How effective media outreach for startups
- Creating a PR strategy for your startup
- The cost of PR for startups
- What do you need to start media outreach for your startup?
- Where to find a media database and journalists for media outreach
If you would like to skip all this and just get it done, Pressfarm offers startup friendly media outreach services that include media list building from a database of 50k journalists, media outreach, press release writing and distribution, media/press kit creation and directory submissions. Get started with Pressfarm here!
What is media outreach and PR and why your startup needs it
Public relations is a way of establishing and maintaining a company’s reputation to a target market. It is also a way to create a deliberate effort to establish an understanding and create a relationship with its audiences. One tactic that is very important in PR is media outreach, which is the process of…